If you’re looking to simplify your life and your skincare routine, Vitamin C serum may be just what you’re seeking. This all-natural product has a simple ingredients list and is easy to incorporate into your existing skin care routine. In fact, it likely does the job of several creams and lotions already in your bathroom cabinet! Read on to learn more about the 9 benefits of using vitamin C serum every day.
To learn how to use vitamin C serum in your skincare routine, click here.
What is Vitamin C Serum?
Vitamin C itself has long been known for its health benefits, whether as an immune booster or a heart healthy supplement. What you may not know is that, while it’s great for your body, it’s even better for your skin. However, you can’t see the benefits to your complexion by drinking a few glasses of orange juice. Instead, it must be applied topically.
Vitamin C serum has the consistency of a liquid or a gel. It’s designed to be applied directly to the skin, up to twice a day, and can even be applied under sunscreen or makeup. The active ingredient in vitamin C serum is L-ascorbic acid, which protects the skin by neutralizing free radicals and repairing damaged cells.
The Benefits of Incorporating Vitamin C Serum into your Skincare Routine
Vitamin C serum is best known for its anti-aging properties, but the benefits go far beyond reducing wrinkles. With regular use, the following benefits can be expected:
- It’s safe for most skin types. Vitamin C serum comes in a variety of strengths, typically from 10%-20% concentration, designed for multiple skin types. Those with sensitive skin can safely use a lower concentration, while others should start around 15% and work up to 20% strength over time.
- It minimizes eye puffiness and under-eye circles. L-ascorbic acid hydrates and plumps the area around the eyes, reducing fine lines and wrinkles and firming the bags underneath. It can also minimize under-eye circles with consistent use.
- It provides maximum hydration. Vitamin C serum helps skin to better retain moisture by decreasing water loss. Topical application of vitamin C will help skin stay hydrated better than lotion alone.
- It’s easy to incorporate into your existing skin care routine. Vitamin C serum can be used morning and night, and even layered with other products. In the daytime, always use vitamin C serum with a sunscreen to have added protection from sun damage.
- It brightens skin. The L-ascorbic acid in the serum gently exfoliates, helping to fade pigmentation and reduce dullness, resulting in a brighter, more radiant complexion.
- It reduces hyperpigmentation. Vitamin C has been shown to reduce the production of melanin, resulting in faded dark spots, sun spots, and melasma, and creating a more even skin tone.
- It boosts collagen production. Collagen is a naturally occurring protein that decreases as we age, causing skin to sag. Vitamin C boosts collagen production, which results in tighter skin with fewer lines and wrinkles.
- It reduces redness and inflammation. Vitamin C is an anti-inflammatory, and consistent topical application has been shown to minimize redness caused by acne and other skin conditions.
- It repairs sun damage. The antioxidants in vitamin C serum repair damaged skin cells by reducing free radicals caused by the environment. It also provides an extra layer of protection against the sun’s harmful rays when combined with sunscreen.
Add Vitamin C Serum into your Skincare Routine Today
You’ve always known about the benefits of vitamin C when you are sick, and now you know the benefits of vitamin C for your skin! This anti-aging wonder serum reduces pigmentation and redness while brightening the skin and creating an even skin tone. It can also boost collagen production, leaving skin more firm, with fewer lines and wrinkles. It’s safe for most skin types and easy to incorporate into your existing skin care routine. Start using vitamin C serum today and see the results for yourself! Shop our collection of organic, high-quality vitamin C serums today.